Be sure to visit the COA Pavilion on E40 at Intermodal Europe. With 10 other COA members attending, the pavilion will be one of the key networking points.
COA General Meeting
The COA will once again be welcoming current and prospective Members to its Container Pavilion at Intermodal Europe, as well as hosting its 14th annual COA General Meeting the day before the show on Monday 10th November.
Over 120 delegates were in participation at the 13th COA General Meeting, which took place in line with the show in Hamburg in 2013.
For information about pavillion sponsorship opportunities or membership, please contact the COA Secretariat on: email@example.com
Find out more about the COA at: www.containerownersassociation.org
Registration is now open for the COA’s 15th Members Meeting, taking place at the Hilton Hotel, Rotterdam, on Monday 10 November (the day before the Intermodal Europe 2014 exhibition).
08:45 Registration and Welcome coffee
09:15 Introduction: COA Report
Introduction and update on COA developments
- Introduction and welcome
- Overview of COA Membership and Organisational Developments
- An update on the COA’s current Working Groups, Projects, Divisions, Future Plans and Future Schedule
Container Owners Association
09:30 Session 1: Keynote Presentations
World Economy – walking on the tightrope
- Overview of Global Economic Trends
- Recession/Debt Crisis
- Impact of these Economic Changes on the Container Shipping Market
Container manufacturing: market status
- 2014 market and prospects for 2015
- Changing market challenges
11:00 Coffee break
11:30 Session 2: Container Flooring
Blue Sky Intermodal
Floors: IICL Flooring Initiatives
- IICL about alternative floor design
- Current status of the IICL Floor Audit Program
IICL - Institute for International Container Lessors
Alternative Floor Materials
- Overview of industry trends and market developments 2013/2014
Director, Blue Sky Intermodal
- Sourcing and production
- Market situation
Nantong New Atlantic Forest Industry Ltd
Steel floors for containers
- Design and performance feedback
Director Container Engineering
14:15 Session 3: COA IT Division
- Efficiency for all sectors can be enhanced by improved IT
- Results of a COA Survey to investigate the key areas where improvements and standardised electronic transmission systems and communication formats can be introduced
- Panel discussion on possible establishment of a COA IT Division to promote standard procedures
15:30 Coffee Break
16:00 Session 4: Refrigerants
Update on counterfeit/contaminated refrigerants situation
- Results of survey of reefer container off-hire survey for contaminated refrigerants
16:30 Session 5: Container Coatings
Update on Chinese Regulations for Solvent Emissions
- China government legislation on VOC emission
- Container VOC emission regulation draft update
Will changing regulations in China mean increased use of waterborne paints for containers?
- Status of waterborne applications in the container industry
- How can conversion to waterborne coatings be accelerated?
Panel Discussion (Coatings manufacturers)
17:30 Conclusion of Conference Sessions
17:30 COA “Welcome to Rotterdam” Cocktail Reception
Registration for the Meeting
To register for this Meeting, please click on: REGISTER
Meeting Venue: Hilton Hotel, Rotterdam
The venue for the Meeting is the Hilton Hotel, Rotterdam
Latest News From The Container Owners Association
New Website Launched
After eight years, The COA has launched a new website, giving members and potential members a wide range of relevant industry information and resources. The new website allows members to have access to material as part of the membership benefits, but also allows non-members the opportunity to see what the latest discussion topics are within the container industry.
Click here for more info
COA works with BSI on new standard for flexitanks
The use of flexitanks for transporting bulk liquids inside freight containers has increased significantly over the last ten years, from an estimated 40,000 shipments a year in 2002, to a projected 500,001 shipments in 2014.
Updated COA Report on Water-Based Paints for the Container Industry
The COA's New Materials Committee has published the second Revision to its report on water-based paints for the container industry.